Balanced and refreshing beer, with fruity aromas, citrus being the predominant note
Type: a red floral cheese of a white-crusted cheese / Example: Le Pavé de Soignies of Le Crémeux du Mont Saint-Michel
Le Pavé de Soignies is a strong type cheese with a very pronounced taste and smell. It is a perfect match for the Surfine’s citrusy aromas and its harp, bitterness.
Le Crémeux du Mont Saint-Michel is a camembert of the highest order: a double cream cheese, made with raw milk and offering a slightly salty taste. The Surfine has to bring out its best assets to keep up with the cheese but manages wonderfully well.
Type: goat’s cheese with an ash crust / Example: Sainte Maure de Touraine
RECIPE : "SLICES OF GOAT’S CHEESE WITH DATES AND A GOURMET VINAIGRETTE" — Pierre Résimont
- Cut the goat’s cheese into slices and arrange on a plate.
- Gourmet vinaigrette:
- Finely chop the shallots, parsley, chervil and hazelnuts.
- Add the pine nuts.
- A hint of balsamic vinegar, sherry vinegar and hazelnut oil.
- Sprinkle the fresh goat’s cheese with a few drops of vinaigrette.
- Garnish with the Medjool dates and sprigs of thyme and fennel.