Beer with an impression of wood, with outstandingly fruity aroma and touches of red and black fruits
Type: reheated hard cheese / Example: Comté or l’Etivaz d’Alpage
A complex beer with aromas of wine that combines perfectly with a slightly salty cheese that echoes the flavors found in the beer. The Comté is less strong, leaving more room for the beer, whereas the l’Etivaz merges the taste of the beer into the background, taking central role itself.
RECIPE : JULIENNE OF COMTÉ, APPLE AND LEMON — Pierre Résimont
- Boil the unpeeled potatoes in salted water and slice into 5mm-thick slices.
- Cut the Comté into thin slices to make a julienne.
- Do the same with the Granny Smith apples (that will grant a slightly sour touch).
- Then, prepare a lemon jelly:
- 100 g of lemon juice, 10 g of sugar and 1 g of Agar-Agar.
- Boil, cool and mix.
- To serve: place the sliced potatoes on the plate, add some vinaigrette, and then overlap with the Comté and apple julienne. Garnish with sprigs of chives. Finish off with a few grated hazelnuts sprinkled on top.