Beer with wine-like aromas of red and black fruits
Type: unpasteurized hard cheese / Example: Mimolette made frim raw milk
A strong, complex, slightly sour beer that re-enforces the taste of strong and complex pieces of cheese with a very long finish, such as the Mimolette.
Type: a hard cheese / Example: Ubriaco Rosso
The fruity touches of wine in the beer and the sweetness of the cheese blend in the mouth to create a new whole. The subtle sourness from the beer lends huge added value to this pairing.
RECIPE : "PAUPIETTE OF MONKFISH WITH PANCETTA AND UBRIACO ROSSO AND A RED BUTTER SAUCE PREPARED WITH BUSH DE NUITS " — Stefaan Couttenye
- Pierce the monkfish in the middle with a sharp thin knife so you can insert the cheese pieces
- Wrap the fish in the thinly sliced pancetta.
- Bake in the oven at 180°C.
- Reduce a 50/50 mix of the beer and the stock to one-third of its volume. Add an equal amount of cream before reducing again by half.
- Thicken with butter.
- Divide the paupiettes into slices, arrange on a plate and pour the sauce around them.