Beer developing an aromatic explosion of white and yellow fruit with flowery and citrus touches
Type: a white crusted cheese / Example: Tentation Saint-Félicien
This pairing with a double-creamed cheese, made with unpasteurized milk, is an absolute success. The Bush de Charmes uses its greatest strengths to charm its ally. The beer’s wine-like contributed by the Chardonnay grape embrace the cheese.
RECIPE : "SALMON FRIED IN ITS SKIN WITH ORANGE, SORREL AND BUSH DE CHARMES, SERVED WITH A BRANDADE MADE WITH TENTATION SAINT-FÉLICIEN" — Stefaan Couttenve
- Overnight, soak the dried cod in milk. Then, remove the bones
- Boil the potatoes together with the dried cod.
- Drain and mash with a lot of milk and the cheese.
- Use olive oil to fry the salmon in its skin. Turnover and place in the oven for a short while to finish cooking.
- Deglaze the pan with orange juice, the fish stock and the beer and reduce on the hob. Thicken with a small knob of butter.
- Arrange on the plate and garnish with pieces of orange and finely chopped sorrel.