Scaldis Prestige de Nuits
Scaldis Prestige de Nuits is Scaldis Noël that has spent 6 to 8 months maturing in wooden barrels which have very recently contained Nuits St. Georges Premier Cru Burgundy. This maturing releases the wood’s tannins but, above all, it releases the aromas and flavours of this great wine into the beer. The result of this maturing gives a beer the complex tastes and aromas created by combining a strong, powerful beer (the Scaldis Noël) and the wine residues. The mouth reveals fine acidity and the nose offers a combination of aromas both from beer (nuts, caramel, etc.) and from wine (red fruits, etc.)
Scaldis Prestige de Nuits in cooking
Like Scaldis Prestige, Scaldis Prestige de Nuits is so rich in tastes and aromas that it needs no accompaniment and can easily be enjoyed on its own either as an aperitif or a digestif. Its complexity and aromatic richness make it very difficult to use for cooking – it would be a terrible waste!
Beer and gastronomy
- A Scaldis Prestige de Nuits can be shared among guests… accompanied by a few pieces of toast with pâté, a few pure pork sausage rillettes and gherkins.
- Fresh goose or duck foie gras with unsweetened jelly, unsweetened onion jam
- Pan-fried foie gras deglazed with raspberry vinegar
- Salads with a raspberry or sherry-based vinaigrette
- Large ground game prepared with cranberries: venison
- Meat and game prepared with peppercorn or chocolate sauces
Desserts / Cheeses :
- Caramelised crêpe with Scaldis Prestige de Nuits
- Desserts with unsweetened fruit (red fruit crumble)
- Chocolate cake
- Crème brûlée with rhubarb
- Strong cheese (Camembert, Livarot, etc.)
- Scaldis Prestige de Nuits -based sorbet
- A Scaldis Prestige de Nuits as a digestif, for all your guests to enjoy! Pure pleasure to end a meal with!