Cuvée des Trolls and Cuvée des Trolls Triple
In spite of its 7% alcohol content Cuvée des Trolls is a cool, light, lager-type beer with very well-balanced flavours, a fine, slight hint of bitterness and very low acidity; it gives off cool aromas perfumed with citrus fruits which come from the use of dried orange peel. It is a very pleasant, drinkable beer. Cuvée des Trolls Triple is a conventional Cuvée des Trolls which is then refermented in 75 cl bottles. This refermentation in the bottle helps to make the aromas stronger and fuller, giving the beer a taste which is explosive and yet still full.
Cuvée des Trolls in cooking
Cuvée des Trolls is very well-suited to use in cooking. Because it is only very slightly bitter, it can be used to deglaze cooking juices, or as a stock to keep meat or fish dishes moist while they are cooking.
One other idea is to use it in vinaigrettes for salads, or else in mayonnaises!
Beer and gastronomy
- Shellfish-based (crab, lobster, etc.), generally on their own or with cold sauces
- Seafood (shrimps and prawns, shellfish, etc.)
- Summer salads, fish carpaccios, fish terrines
- Salmon or tuna starters (smoked, marinated, tartare, etc.)
Fish / Seafood :
- Mussels steamed in their shells, mouclades
- Oily fish in light sauces (mackerel, herring, char, salmon, trout, etc.)
- Cold fish Belle vue style, in cold sauces (salmon, tuna, etc.)
Meat / Poultry :
- Light poultry roasted or in a light sauce (chicken, guinea fowl, etc.)
- White meats in light sauces
Desserts / Cheeses :
- Sabayon served on a bed of oranges with Cuvée des Trolls
- Yoghurt ice cream
- Spéculoos biscuits
- Hard cheese such as Comté